A Look Back Jan 26
[DEMO] The Use of Advanced Geolocation Technology to Combat Fraud
Did you know integrating just one additional data signal into your KYC, on-boarding or transaction/account monitoring processes can dramatically reduce all types of financial crimes? That data set is: accurate, authentic and unaltered location data. Bad actors will always try to hide their true location.
During this demo, we’ll show you:
- How anonymizer technologies such as VPNs are used by bad actors to hide their location
- Techniques and tools to extract true location data from mobile and other computing devices
- How this data can be integrated into underwriting, on-boarding and customer identity verification processes to combat financial crimes and other types of fraud
A Look Ahead Jan 27
[Roundtable] Combatting FinCrime – leveraging innovative data signals to mitigate risks and threats posed by anonymous online activity
Bad actors will always try to hide their true identity, whether that’s using a VPN to hide their location or using stolen credentials to enable their financial crimes. This anonymity is the shield that bad actors hide behind to perpetrate their illegal activity.
In this roundtable Q/A session, we’ll discuss:
- Cracks in customer/client/merchant on-boarding processes that bad actors are exploiting
- New data signals, such as location data, that can be utilized in risk engines and other fraud detection processes
- The increased regulatory focus on innovation and technology to drive effective AML compliance